When you’re gluten free, if you want something tasty and totally safe, the easiest way to get it is to make it yourself.
I love Krispie cakes with mini eggs but you just can’t buy them pre-made and gluten free, so I’ve created my own recipe and it’s super easy and absolutely delicious!
2 x bags of Cadbury Giant Chocolate Buttons (could swap this for 200g of any chocolate of your choice)
75g of Gluten Free Rice Pops (I used Nestle Go Free)
50g of Mini Marshmallows
90g of Cadbury Mini Eggs (save 8/9 for the top)
1 Teaspoon of Butter/Spread (I used Vitalite DF spread as it’s all I had)
1. Line a square 20cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper
2. Measure out the rice pops and mini marshmallows and mix in a bowl
3. Put 8/9 mini eggs aside for the top and crush the rest using a knife. I found it easiest to place each egg on a chopping board and crush under the side of a knife
4. Add the crushed mini eggs to your dry ingredients and mix them all
5. Place a small amount of hot water in a pan on a low heat and put your chocolate buttons or broken chocolate and spread in a heat proof bowl on top (Bain Marie)
6. Use a plastic spatula to keep the chocolate and spread mixed and moving until totally melted and smooth
7. Once the chocolate is totally melted, pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix everything together immediately. Keep mixing until all dry ingredients are evenly coated in chocolate
8. Once the mixture is perfectly mixed, pour into your lined tin and press down with the spatula or back of a spoon to ensure it is compact and evenly spread (you could put this in muffin cakes instead to make nest cakes)
9. Press the whole mini eggs you kept to one side into the top of the mixture, either randomly or in a pattern
10. Place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours or longer if required, the mixture needs to be totally set before removing
11. Once the mix is totally solid, remove from the tin using the baking paper and cut into pieces, I got about 15 pieces.
This is a real treat and very tasty, worth every calorie!
I love these no bake recipes and there’s barely any washing up too!
If you try this recipe, send me your pictures on Instagram, you can find me @glutenfreewithellie !