Gluten free biscuits are hugely hit and miss, so as with a lot of gluten free treats, the best idea is always to make your own.
I like to think I’m pretty good at baking but one thing I’ve never been able to master is biscuits, so when I saw everyone raving about the new gluten free cookie dough from Whole Creations, I knew I needed to get my hands on it.
I purchased mine from Morrison’s and got the last pack of the ‘simply butter’ flavour. It is quite expensive but I can confirm, it is so easy to bake with and very tasty.
As it’s just gone Easter, we had so much chocolate in the house, so I decided to ‘easter-fy’ these cookies with some mini eggs and Easter egg chocolate and here’s how I did it:
– 1 x pack of Whole Creations Cookie Dough (simply butter flavour)
– 90-100g of Mini Eggs
– 1 x Dairy Milk Easter Egg
- Pre heat the over to 170 degrees or follow the instructions from the packet that match your oven
- Line 2 trays with baking paper to make 12 cookies
- Crush all your mini eggs and break up the Easter egg and place in separate bowls
- Take the cookie dough out of the pack and cut into 12 equal sized pieces (or 6 for larger cookies)
- Take one piece of cookie dough and soften in your hand before getting some crushed mini eggs and rolling into the piece of dough
- Flatten your piece of dough back into a cookie shape and place onto your lined baking tray
- Do this for all cookies and keep them well spaced out on the trays
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes (we did 15 minutes)
9. Bring out the oven when the cooking time is up and leave on the trays to cool and harden for 5 minutes
10. While they cool, melt your chocolate over a pan of boiling water and then drizzle all over the cookies while still on the trays
11. Either leave your cookies on the tray to finish cooking or transfer to a cooling rack, we left on the trays as the trays had holes in so the air could flow properly
… and then it’s time to eat!
These are so so delicious and just ridiculously easy to make, a perfect way to make use of any left over Easter chocolate!
The idea for these was inspired by the Gluten Free Blogger’s recipe for mini egg cookies, so if you can bake biscuits and fancy trying, check out her recipe!
If you add an Easter twist to the Whole Creations Cookie Dough, share your pictures with me on Instagram!