I never used to like pizza that much but as with many things, once I turned gluten free and it was more difficult to have it, I wanted it far more.
I’ve tried a fair few gluten-free pizzas and there’s a few I like but none of them are great and above all, they’re all super unhealthy.
We had some wraps left over from a dinner we had a few nights ago, so I decided to try and make my own pizzas using wraps as the base as I’d seen a few people do this before and it worked out so well.
It was so quick and easy and tasted great. It was also easy to make me free from version and James a regular gluten version at the same time and we both enjoyed them, so I thought I’d share the recipe with you!
1 x Gluten Free Wrap (I used the BFree Multigrain wraps)
Pizza Express Passata/Pizza Sauce
Cheese (I used Violife dairy-free cheese)
Toppings of Your Choice (I went for pancetta, sweetcorn and pesto as it’s what we had in)
- Pre-heat your oven 180 degrees (fan)
- Place a wrap on a round pizza tray and ladle some of the passata on to the wrap and spread out evenly
- Place this in the oven for 5-minutes
- Once this time is up, remove from the oven and add your cheese and toppings
- Place back in the oven for a further 10-minutes
- Remove from the oven and finish with any extra toppings/dressings, I added free from pesto to mine.
And it really is that easy! I feel calling it a recipe is a bit of a con but it’s more of a meal idea that will satisfy the pizza craving without all the calories!
This is an idea that works for both gluten-free and gluten eaters, as well as pleasing all the family!
If you give this a go, let me know how you get on by sharing your pictures with me on Instagram!