I don’t really love curry that much in all honestly. You’d never really catch me craving an Indian takeaway or a chicken curry or anything like that buy my mum always used to make this lamb mince ‘curry’ when I lived at home and I’ve kind of adopted the recipe and made it my own since I moved out.
It’s super easy, it’s gluten, dairy, onion and garlic free and tastes amazing! I serve mine with brown rice and sometimes mini poppadoms or gluten free naan breads if we have them in or I’ve thought ahead to buy them!
- 250g Lamb Mince
- 100g Frozen Peas
- Tomato Puree
- Tomato Ketchup
- Medium Curry Powder (check this is gluten free)
- Gravy Granules
- Weigh out your frozen peas in a bowl and cover with boiling water to defrost
- Heat up a large pan on a high heat and put in your lamb mince. Fry off until mince is totally brown
- Add salt and pepper to the mince to season
- Add around two tablespoons of tomato puree and mix in
- Add around three tablespoons of tomato ketchup and stir in
- Now you need to add in your curry powder. I use medium curry powder and just kind of sprinkle it in freely, so add as much as you want
- Once you’ve mixed all of this in, pour in your peas and the water they were in and stir straight away
- Now you need to sprinkle in some gravy granules, beef or lamb will work best as this will give the sauce a meaty flavour and thicken it up
- At this point, turn the whole pan down to a medium heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. I boil my rice at this point
- Serve as soon as your 30 minute simmering time is up and enjoy!
It’s that easy and it tastes amazing, we love this in our house!
If you give this recipe a go, be sure to let me know and share your pictures with me on Instagram!