Before you start rolling your eyes because you’re gluten free and you just heard the word ‘brownie’, hear me out!
I get it, you’re fed up of bog-standard brownies. They’re samey, they’re overly simple and they’re just not filling you with excitement anymore but I guarantee my new chocolate orange brownies will reignite that love for the humble brownie.
Us gluten free foodies need to keep brownies fresh and interesting because let’s be honest, we end up eating a lot of them and I think adding orange makes for the perfect flavour combination!
Check out how to make these delicious gluten free chocolate orange brownies in under an hour:
- 200g Galaxy Milk Chocolate
- 200g Stork Baking Spread
- 3 Large Eggs
- 280g Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 150g Plain Gluten Free Flour
- The Juice of 2 Oranges
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 Bar of Orange Flavoured Chocolate
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees (Fan) and line two square baking tins with grease proof paper
- Break up your 200g of chocolate and 200g of baking spread and put in a bowl. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water and slowly melt together
- Sift your flour and cocoa powder into a bowl and mix together quickly
- Once your chocolate and butter are melted, take off the heat to cool to room temperature
- In your main mixing bowl, add your golden caster sugar. Crack your 3 eggs in a separate small bowl. Pour the eggs into the sugar, one yolk at a time, allowing some of the white to go in too. Whisk with an electric whisk between each yolk to combine. Once all the eggs are in, mix until a light, almost bubbly consistency.
- Add your room temperature chocolate and butter mixture into the eggs and sugar and stir until equally mixed in.
- Next, fold in your flour and cocoa powder.
- You now need to squeeze the juice of 2 oranges in to the mixture and mix in. Once the juice is added, add the zest of one orange and mix in.
- Distribute the mixture equally across your two trays and evenly smooth out.
- Break your orange flavoured chocolate into pieces and press into the mixture, distributing them evenly.
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove when cooked and leave to cool in the trays for a couple of hours before topping with icing sugar and orange zest and cutting into around 18 pieces.
These chocolatey and zesty brownies are a refreshing change to your standard brownie and are bound to reignite your love for a brownie!