One of our favourite warming and hearty meals is our chunky vegetable and pancetta bake that we make using the Homepride Creamy Tomato and Herb Pasta Bake Sauce.
It’s so easy and it’s seriously one of the most delicious meals we have in our house, so I thought I’d share how we ‘pimp up’ this classic jar of sauce to make something amazing!
250g Gluten Free Pasta
1 Jar of Homepride Creamy Tomato and Herb Pasta Bake Sauce
160g Smoked Pancetta
1 Tin of Sweetcorn
100g Frozen Peas
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees (fan) and pour your 250g of GF pasta into an ovenproof dish
2. Pour the jar of sauce over the pasta and mix together. Then fill the jar to the top of the label with water, shake with the lid on and then pour the water over the pasta. Mix all this in
3. Place this in the oven for 25 minutes
4. Whilst this cooks, fry off your pancetta until it is cooked through
5. You’ll also need to defrost your peas in a bowl of boiling water, drain your tin of sweetcorn and peel and chop your carrots
6. Once the above prep is done, grate your cheese
7. Pull your pasta out the oven after 25 minutes and mix in your pancetta and veg and give it a good stir
8. Sprinkle your cheese on top and put back in the oven for 20 minutes
9. Once this timer is up, you’re ready to eat! Serve immediately and enjoy piping hot!
It’s not necessarily the prettiest of dishes but it’s so warming and perfect comfort food when you want to eat something that feels a bit decadent but still has your veg!
This recipe is a bit of a cheat as it uses a sauce but it’s an easy after work dinner that is still balanced and enjoyable!