*Disclaimer: this blog post is in collaboration with Buy Wholefoods Online. Products marked with a (*) in the ingredients list were sent free of charge for the purpose of developing this recipe.
We talk a lot about brownies in the gluten free world but what about blondies?
If you’re not familiar with blondies, they’re basically the same consistency as a brownie but made with vanilla or white chocolate opposed to milk or dark chocolate, making them golden (or blonde) in colour, opposed to brown!
Buy Wholefoods Online recently got in touch with me and we’ve decided to partner up on this new recipe for White Chocolate, Macadamia and Cranberry Blondies and of course, they’re totally gluten free! Buy Wholefoods Online are basically a huge online supermarket for all your favourite wholefoods and ingredients and they even have a massive free from section with branded goods!
They very kindly sent me the dried cranberries and the whole macadamia nuts and tasked me with coming up with a tasty recipe that incorporates these two great tastes and the blondies were the finished product!
I am so happy with how these turned out and the feedback from friends and family has been great, so give them a go yourself!
Gluten Free White Chocolate, Macadamia and Cranberry Blondies
170g Baking Spread or Butter (I used Stork)
255g Dark Brown Suagr (available from Buy Wholefoods Online or the supermarket)
2 Large Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (available from Buy Wholefoods Online or the supermarket)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder (gluten free available from Buy Wholefoods Online or I used Dr Oetker)
170g Gluten Free Plain Flour (available from Buy Wholefoods Online or the supermarket, I used Doves Farm)
100g White Chocolate Chips or Chunks (I used Tesco own)
100g Dried Cranberries * (available from Buy Wholefoods Online)
50g Macadamia Nuts* (available from Buy Wholefoods Online)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (fan) and line two 8″ square baking tins with greaseproof paper
- Weigh out and prepare all ingredients. This includes crushing your macadamia nuts and chopping your butter into small chunks
- Add your flour, dark brown sugar, baking powder and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl and combine with a wooden spoon
- Once your dry ingredients are mixed, you can now melt your butter either in the microwave or over a pan of water but be sure not to burn it
- Once the butter is melted, leave it for 1-2 minutes while adding your two eggs to the dry ingredients and stirring them in
- Once the eggs are added and combined, you can now add the melted butter and stir to complete your plain batter
- Once everything in the bowl is mixed together, add the white chocolate chips, stir, then the cranberries and stir and then finally, add your macadamia nuts and mix everything together
- Once your mix is perfectly combined, split into your two tins and smooth out, ensuring it is spread across the tin evenly
- You can then place both trays in the over for 20 -25 minutes. I originally set a time for 20 and checked every couple of minutes after until 25 minutes when they were perfectly done. They should be golden and spongey on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tins to cool
- Once fully cooled, remove from the tin in the greaseproof paper, peel the paper off and cut each batch into 9 pieces, creating 18 overall
- Store in a cake tin for 3-4 days or until you feel they have gone dry.
This is a super easy recipe that requires pretty much one bowl and one spoon and is super tasty and packed with plenty of chunks of chocolate, cranberries and macadamia nuts!
If you give this recipe a go, be sure to share your pictures with me by tagging @glutenfreewithellie